Mission and Priorities
We are proud to fund innovative programs that expand organic acres and increase the number of organic farmers in the U.S. We support organizations that serve our local communities with organic food and farming projects. We are honored to help sustain projects that address our priorities to:
Everything we do
starts at the farm.Melody Meyer, Executive Director
- Increase organic agriculture by significantly increasing acreage and impact that is defined and measurable.
- Foster the next generation of organic farmers by increasing the number of organic farmers with an impact that is defined and measurable on the National or regional level.
- Provide research and science to develop organic farming practices, increase organic acreage and/or the number of organic farmers with an impact (defined/measurable) on the National or regional level.
- Protect the biodiversity of our seed supply (protecting heirloom/breeding organic) and the stewardship of genetic resources of organic seed with an impact (defined/measurable) on the National or regional level.
- Teach organic farming practices with programs (such as Farm to School) that are within 35 miles of one of our facilities.
We accept grant applications from eligible 501(c)(3) organizations based in the United States.
Areas Not Funded
- Religious organizations
- International organizations or projects
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Endowment requests
- Capital campaigns building construction projects
- Governmental agencies